22 Jun migrants WORLD DAY: “To be close in order to serve”
Today, we invite you to watch the second, newly released video, prepared by Migrants and Refugee Section, in which the Holy Father explores the sub-theme “To be close in order to serve”. It offers the real-life testimony of an internally displaced person who describes how the solidarity of generous people saved his life. In the video, the Holy Father tells us that we must not let fears and prejudices lead us to keep distant from others.
REMEMBERING US, SISTERS AND ACI FAMILY, THE GUIDELINES TO BE FRUITFUL JOINING THIS INITIATIVE:
We invite you to dedicate a meeting in your community or group to read the Message, and in the dynamic of Magis in which we want to continue becoming involved with persons in the situation of Human Migration-displacement, share about the following points:
- What more can we do along the lines of knowing in order to understand?
- Do we want to take some risks in order to serve our neighbor?
- To whom are we going to listen in the dynamic of reconciliation?
- In order to grow it is necessary to share, and how do we grow in the Eucharistic Life?
- Involvement is necessary in order to promote. How can we overcome the “Handout mentality” in favor of mentality of promotion?
- Collaboration is necessary in order to build. Do we know with whom in our surroundings we can collaborate in order to serve and accompany people in the situation of migration?
If these reflections lead you to TAKE A FURTHER STEP, share it!