24 Apr A COMPASS TO KEEP US FROM BEING CARRIED AWAY BY THE CURRENT
There is a lot circulating around the internet these days, and it is not always easy to choose where and what we want to focus and linger upon. Let’s be aware that if we are not selective, the current will sweep us away.
Some pointers from our ABC to help us during this time be faithful to our desire to be an active and necessary link in the chain of solidarity and mercy:
- We spend many hours connected to the internet; during this time let’s make immigrants and refugees present through information and testimony published by sources that we know and with whom we share a basic Gospel stance. ALL OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS COUNT; there are no second-class citizens.
- Let’s be part of the chain of HOPE and not of disasters, biased news or destructive criticism that place us under the wrong banner.
- Let’s encourage all the initiatives that nourish peaceful COEXISTENCE in solidarity.
- When we feel fear and vulnerability let’s learn to look DEATH in the face, as so many immigrants do every day of their lives, crossing borders and fleeing from hunger and war. That way we will give Thanks every day for Life, and surely we will put our complaints into perspective.
- Let’s stay in contact with Caritas and all the organizations with whom we usually collaborate, whenever there is something that we can do to become involved: a service of listening, distribution of food or other material assistance, job orientation…
- Let’s reflect, dream about the future of NEW SOCIAL CONTRACTS, more solidarity… and therefore, let’s prepare for our return to normality keeping in mind migrants and refugees. Let’s read and listen together to those who propose inclusive alternatives in solidarity.
- And above all… let’s pray without ceasing for them, for us, for humanity, for those who have the responsibility for making important decisions…